Bookings & cancellations
Q : I am worried due to the spread of the virus and want to cancel my room booking. Am I entitled to a refund?
A: In light of the current pandemic, we have amended our cancellation policy so you now have more time to consider your circumstances. You will have up to 24 hours prior to arrival to cancel your reservation when you book a ‘Book Now, Pay Later’ room. Advance purchase bookings will not be refunded or cancelled free of charge.
Q: Can I cancel or change my reservation free of charge due to Covid 19?
A: To be able to cancel or change your booking free of charge, we encourage our guests to book the general (Book Now, Pay Later) rate. This way, you will have up to 24 hours before your arrival date to let us know if you would like to cancel or amend your booking – free of charge. Cancellations for advance purchase bookings will be charged for and are not eligible for a refund.
Q: Due to travel cancellations, contracting the virus or self-isolating, I am unable to travel. Am I entitled to a refund?
A: If you have booked a general (Book Now, Pay Later) rate, you are entitled to amend your bookings dates or cancel your hotel reservation free of charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival. If you have booked an advance purchase rate in this case, there are some exceptions, and we will consider amending your bookings dates (fees apply). Advance purchase bookings will not be refunded.
Q: Can I change my booking due to self-isolation / travel restrictions?
A: Circumstances do change often which we are aware of. If you have an Advance Purchase booking and you have been tested positive for Covid-19, please contact us. Management will review the circumstances and a potential option of change of dates may be offered (fees apply). General rate (Book Now, Pay Later) bookings can be amended up to 24 hours prior to the originally stated arrival date.
Q: Do I need to wear a face covering in the hotel?
A: We do ask that our guests wear face coverings to protect themselves and others around. You do not need to wear a face covering if you are exempt.
Q: Will check-in and check-out be contactless?
A: We are trying to make it as safe as possible for our guests upon check-in and check-out. Our check-in is still processed in-person, with extra precautions. Upon check-out, you can leave your room key in the room and message our reception on our 24 hr WhatsApp +44 7944 554255 or let us know you have checked out by phoning 020 8629 7884.
Q: In light of Covid-19, what steps are Kip taking to help protect guests?
A: We have implemented a variety of safety measures to help protect our guests and staff. We ask all our guests to wear a face covering in the public areas of the hotel. We have installed a safety glass in the reception to make your check-in or check-out safer. We have placed hand sanitisers in all public areas for our guests to use. There are many other steps we have taken towards making the environment safer for everyone which you can see here.
Q: How often will my room be cleaned?
A: Considering the pandemic, if you are staying for more than 1 night, your room will only be cleaned if requested by you. Our staff are trained to use extra safety precautions and equipment whilst cleaning your room, and we ask that you vacate the room whilst it is being cleaned. You can request a room clean by using the ‘Please Clean My Room’ sign on the door or by contacting the hotel reception on WhatsApp +44 7944 554255 or by calling them on 020 8629 7884.
Please find below safety measures which are in place for the protection of our guests and staff following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed into Kip. This includes both staff and guests.
- All team members take a lateral flow test at the start of each day to ensure everyone remains safe
- All team members will be required to wash their hands, or use hand sanitiser every 20 minutes.
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell.
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self isolating.
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as required.
- Wherever possible we have installed screens for your safety.
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing.
- All team members have undergone extensive training on good practice in
minimising the risk of Covid-19 in the workplace and at home.
- All team members have re-trained in health and safety, food hygiene and first aid.
- All team members are carrying out regular health surveys and adhering to extensive risk assessments.
OUR HOTEL GUESTS
- We would like to ensure that everyone is safe and therefore will ask you if you have a Covid pass that we can scan. Please don’t take offence. If you do not have this, that is fine, but we are aiming to be a safe hotel for all our guests and our team
- Please respect the social distancing measures
- Your bedroom will be thoroughly cleaned with extra care and sanitised.
- Where possible please use your bedroom facilities rather than public restrooms.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom.
- Cash will not be accepted unless by prior agreement. We encourage
all guests to pay by card, contactless wherever possible.
- Your bedroom keys will be sanitised prior to arrival. Please keep them on your person at all times.
- Guests are encouraged to use the express check in and check out where possible.
- Should guests wish for their room to be attended to during their stay by
housekeeping, they are asked not to be in the room whilst it is being cleaned.