Around the corner from Hackney Central train station, we’re just a 30 second walk away. So if you’re looking for a hotel near Hackney Central you’re not going to find one closer!
You know what we’re like here at Kip. It’s all comfort, convenience and everything you need to have a good night’s kip. So being so close to Hackney Central is a key part of providing that convenience. There’s even WiFi in the station so you can make, change or cancel plans from the waiting room. Sorted.
We’re also big fans of not having to spend silly amounts of money to have a decent stay in London. And because our hotel is so near Hackney Central, you can make your way around London without spending an absolute fortune on cabs. Whether you’re here for business, pleasure or a little bit of both, staying in a hotel near Hackney Central will be a real time saver for you. Less time travelling and more time doing, is a positive thing in our books!
Hackney Central station is on the North London Overground within Zone 2, serving London Overground trains between Stratford, Richmond and Clapham Junction, and allowing commuters to switch to Liverpool Street services from the now connected Hackney Downs station.
Hackney Central is also extremely accessible from other London stations:
- London Euston is just 23 minutes away, just take the Victoria line to Highbury & Islington followed by the London Overground to Hackney Central Rail Station
- Kings Cross is 21 minutes from Hackney Central, just head to St. Pancreas from Kings Cross and take the Victoria line to Highbury & Islington followed by the London Overground to Hackney Central Rail Station
- Liverpool Street is 18 minutes away, just take the London Overground to Hackney Downs Rail Station, and Hackney Central is a short walk from there
- Heathrow is just over an hour away from Hackney Central, but the journey couldn’t be simpler by train and underground
- Heading to Hackney from Highbury & Islington? You’re only an 11 minute overground train away!
- Stratford station is just 17 minutes away from Hackney Central, just hop on the London Overground
The station is a pretty iconic part of London – it was originally built in 1850, replaced in 1870, closed in 1944 and then reopened as Hackney Central in 1980.
The original Hackney station is actually now a live music venue with a bar!
Just south of the station, and not too far from Kip, is Hackney’s cultural quarter, where you can visit the Grade II-listed Hackney Empire music hall and an array of London’s most vibrant bar and restaurant scenes.
When the weather’s nice, or if you’re brave enough to face the rain, there are also green spaces nearby: Hackney Downs to the north, London Fields to the south and Victoria Park only an 8 minute cycle away.
So basically, you’d do worse than choosing a hotel near Hackney Central.